Sunday, June 20, 2010

Cold Steel !


I knew him long before I saw him. Old Spice mingled with the scent of rotting fruit, the smell of bile pasted to his clothes too long without laundry. Hot smoky breath soils the back of my white dress as feet whisper to a stop behind me. Alone in the moment, my mind envisions his form and it repulses me. Fat fingers; frumpled hair; greasy whiskers; missing teeth; a cornucopia of disgust and I loathe the stench of him. And then I feel it, the cold steel of the blade against my skin.


Written in response to a prompt from Magpie Tales.

14 comments:

  1. You hooked me in Maureen...now where is the rest of the story? Please e-mail me a link if you do. I'd like to read it. farr.peggyjo57@gmail.com Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chilling and shocking ... and so well written!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First I could feel her repulsion, then her fear. Shocking indeed. Nice writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the "cornucopia of disgust"....very nice indeed....bkm

    ReplyDelete
  5. yikes-you got me! Fab Magpie...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice one! Very realistic. I was drawn right up alongside her as she felt him coming closer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chilling and even worse - Shivers and shudders. Vivid imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sinister and compelling. You set the scene so well. I felt like looking over my shoulder....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I felt everything she did. Bleck and shiver.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bleck and shiver indeed...first thing in the morning too! I'll be looking over my shoulder all day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete